DNA Evidence of Aboriginal people of Fraser Island
1. Principal DNA Report relied upon
(a) Title: DNA Print Genomics DNA Test of Aboriginal People of
(b) Author: Tony Frudakis PhD, Head of Research, CSO DNA Print Genomics. Please refer to work in progress, Appendix 19
2. Précis of the Report’s findings
3. Corroborative or supporting DNA Reports
4. Corroboration or supporting reports into ailments or diseases which suggest Chinese arrived by sea
None. These Aboriginal people have become extinct (Brett Green).
Did the first Europeans to reach the area in which the Aboriginal people live find Chinese already there?
No. But local people’s history tells of a foreign people who came in a big ship, and sent small craft ashore to mine minerals.
6. Other evidence showing links with China
Wrecked Chinese junk on Fraser Island as seen by John Green c.1860.
(b) Secondary links with China
As set out in Synopsis of Evidence, Revision 17, Annex XIV.
7. Evidence in Synopsis of Evidence on website www.gavinmenzies.net.
8. Reference in 1421 The Year China Discovered America
Related galleries: Shipwrecks