DNA Evidence of Maidu, Yuki , Pima and Wintun Peoples of California
1. Principal DNA Report relied upon
(a) Pima “Amerindian mitochondrial DNAs have rare Asian mutations at high frequencies suggesting they derived from primary maternal lineages”, Schurr TG and colleagues – please refer to Bibliography
2. Précis of the Report’s findings
3. Corroboration or supporting DNA Reports
4. Corroboration or supporting reports into ailments or diseases which suggest Chinese arrived by sea
None as yet.
5. Did the first Europeans to reach the area in which the Maidu, Yuki and Poma people live find Chinese already there?
Yes. Cabrillo/Ferrello found wrecked Chinese junks off the N California/Oregon coast. Stephen Powers found a Chinese colony between the Russian and SacramentoRivers.
6. Other evidence showing links with China
Since Cabrillo and Ferello’s sightings, a stream of European explorers have found Chinese people or colonies existing inCalifornia.
(b) Secondary links with China
There is overwhelming evidence of a Chinese settlement in California before Europeans arrived, as summarised in Synopsis of Evidence Annexes XVII, XXV and XXVI on website www.gavinmenzies.net. Stephen Powers found a Chinese-speaking colony between the Russian andSacramentoRivers. Father Luis Sales found one betweenSan Francisco andSanta Barbara.
All manner of pre-Columbian Chinese plants, trees, animals, porcelain, jade, stones, bronzes. Gregorio Garcia and Antonio Galvão describe pre-European Chinese settlements inCalifornia. Professor Fryer reports Chinese walls.
7. Evidence in Synopsis of Evidence on website www.gavinmenzies.net.
Paras 2, 3, 6-12, 15, 16, 18. Annexes XVII, XXV, and XXVI.
8. Reference in 1421 The Year China Discovered America
Chapters 9 and 10.