DNA Evidence of Haida and Aleut Peoples
1. Principal DNA Report relied upon
(a) Title: Polymorphic Alu Insertions and the Asian Origin of Native American Populations.
(b) Authors: Gabriel E Novick and colleagues – see Bibliography.
2. Précis of the Report’s findings
Close similarity between the Chinese and Native Americans suggests recent gene flow from Asia.
3. Corroboration or supporting DNA Reports
(i) The astonishing similarity between the Alaska (Aleut) and Chinese DNA – closer to each other than N American DNA is to Aleut.
(ii) Professor Bryan Sykes “Chinese DNA in Vancouver Island people”.
4. Corroboration or supporting reports which suggest Haida arrived by sea
Haida (Haplotype xB) have Chinese roots (Dr. Donald Panther-Yates)
5. Did the first Europeans to reach the area in which the Haida and Aleut peoples live find Chinese already there?
Yes – Zatta (pre-Vancouver and pre-Cook) describes Queen Charlotte Islands as “Colonia dei Chinesi”.
6. Other evidence showing links with China
(i) Haida lore which says their ancestors came from the Aleut Islands, which they did – because the Aleut and Haida languages are one.
(ii) Hugo Grotius – Chinese sail to 700 N.
(iii) Joducus Hondius map showing junk.
(iv) Haida language is Aleut.
(b) Secondary links with China
There is overwhelming evidence of pre-Columbian presence of Chinese people on Vancouver Island and on Queen Charlotte Islands, the home of the Haida.
Refer to website www.gavinmenzies.net
7. Evidence in Synopsis of Evidence on website www.gavinmenzies.net.
Paras 2, 3, 4, 6, 7, 8, 9, 11, 12, 13, 19, 19, 20.
8. Reference in 1421 The Year China Discovered America
Chapter 9, pages 199-201.